July 2, 2012

Book #69 - The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2)



The Golden Lily, Richelle Mead
418 pages
urban fantasy, paranormal romance
Started 6/21/12
Finished 6/22/12
4.5 STARS

I was SO EXCITED to read this book! I even featured in on a previous Waiting on Wednesday post. It's no secret that the Vampire Academy series is my favorite series of all time. It was good to find out that some of my favorite characters' (ADRIAN!) stories were not over. And, The Golden Lily was even better than Bloodlines - I expect great things from this Mead series as well.

Sydney is finally in the Alchemists' good graces. She's eager to continue doing a good job in her assignment. But, at the same time, she's finding that she's actually - GASP - enjoying herself. She enjoys having an opportunity to go to a traditional school, have friends, date. "Normal" really is underrated. And, apparently, an illusion, as well. Syd stumbles upon a rogue group of vampire hunters that threaten to upset the delicate balance between the human world and the vampire world that the Alchemists have spent years building.

I have to admit - The Golden Lily started a little slowly. It's a new school year and Sydney is settling back into her world in Palm Springs after a quick trip to Alchemist headquarters. Sydney has been painted by Mead as a brilliant girl. She is well spoken, well dressed, polite, beautiful smart. So, it's beyond me why Mead also made her so incredibly daft when it comes to social situations! I don't entirely buy that this intelligent girl has absolutely no idea what to do on a date, how to act at a school dance, or when a boy LIKES her likes her.


Sadly, we all have to wait another year before Bloodlines #3 comes out. After the ending of The Golden Lily (I wanted to throw my Kindle across the room!!), it's entirely too long to wait!

No comments: