October 29, 2012

My "Frankenstorm" Reading Pile

Hello, Sandy. This is what my day has been like. As much as I'd like an extra day off work, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. The only saving grace in all this is that, should we lose our power for several days, I have lined up my planned reading pile. Don't you love that reading requires absolutely no electricity?

My first Sandy book is actually already done - I finished it earlier today. I read Hourglass (Hourglass #1) several months ago, and I've been holding on to Timepiece for a few weeks now waiting for the right time to start it. Now was as good a time as any, right?

Next is Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson spin-off series, Alpha and Omega. I have the intro novella and the first two books in the series on hand now. If they're anywhere as good as the Mercy book (and many have told me they're better!), these will go fast.


And, finally, I have had several of Megan Hart's books waiting in the wings for me ever since my good friend Jen from At Random got them for me at a signing over the summer. They'll certainly spice up a wet, windy day, eh?


So, for those of you in the path of the storm, what are your plans to ride it out? Whatever your plans are, I hope they include hunkering down and staying safe.

No comments: