December 12, 2012

2013 Blog Goals... and Cats

I can't believe it's been nearly a year since I started this blog! On January 3, 2012 when I made that first post, my goals and aspirations for Krista's Dust Jacket were different from where I am now. Goals are good - necessary, even. But, it's also a good thing to know when it's okay to shift those goals as you meet others and learn from them. Which is what happened to me. I've been introduced to an amazing blogging community with a shared love of the written word. I've learned so much from all of them, and I look forward to continuing my education in 2013.

So, being the goal-oriented person that I am, I need a new list. Behold, my top ten blog goals for 2013:

1. Blog redesign - You all have been looking at the same basic layout for 12 months now. I'm going to implement a new layout complete with social media buttons and a graphic rating system. Can't wait!

2. Daily weekday posts - I've been pretty consistent in my posting, but it hasn't happened every single weekday. You deserve consistency from me.

3. Author interviews - Part of the book-loving experience is connecting with the authors that inspire you. I want to help bring that to you.

4. Book tours - I love any chance I get to work together with my fellow bloggers, so be looking for me to participate in more book tours as a way to do that.

5. More giveaways - Who doesn't love good giveaways?! I've done three this year. I intend to do a minimum of one per month in 2013.

6. Adopt a meme and stick with it - I tried two memes earlier in the year, and it was hard to keep up with them. I plan to find one that works for my schedule and follow it consistently.

7. Develop a Facebook page - A Facebook page is the only major social medium that Krista's Dust Jacket doesn't have. It will soon.

8. Cross-post reviews on Goodreads and Amazon - In keeping with my desire to remain consistent, I plan to cross-post portions of my reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

9. Get organized - I intend to develop a process workflow to make sure that I post every day in the same places around the same time so that my readers know what to expect from me.

10. Get to know my fellow bloggers - I want to visit more book review blogs, comment on more posts, do some guest posts, and most of all, MAKE IT TO BEA 2013.

I know it's an ambitious list, especially for someone like me who tries to fit blogging in the cracks between working full time as a marketing and communications professional, mothering my two young kids, being a wife to my supportive husband, and of course, reading a lot of good books. But, this is my personal creative outlet, and I enjoy it so much. I want to make The Dust Jacket the best blog that I can make it. If you want to see something that isn't on this list, let me know!

This year isn't over yet, so you will still see lots of review posts in the next few weeks about everything from assassins to werewolves to gods to vampires. I hope you stay tuned as I start to implement my 2013 goals - and let me know how I'm doing!


2 comments:

Krista said...

I'm very much a list maker and a task master, Ashley, so I needed to write down my thoughts to keep them straight. I'm excited to get started - good luck to you with yours too!

Kate said...

Dear Krista,

That last picture made me laugh. And possibly check my locks. And call my brother over to try to figure out what it was.

Hugs and weaponized holy water,
Kate