February 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Top Ten Favorite Characters in YA/Adult Urban Fantasy

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is to talk about our favorite characters in whatever genre of our choosing. As you can see from my blog, I read books in several different genres, so I've chosen my two favorite!

Young Adult

1. Daemon Black, Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Daemon is awful amazing. He's mean and abrasive and cranky protective and brave and sweet. And, he's hot HOT. When he meets Katy, his whole world changes. He finds that there are some things - some people - worth dying for.

2. Alex Andros, Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout -  Through four books and two novellas, I've been following Alex's story, and she keeps getting more and more awesome. She started out more than a little self-centered and childish, but certain events and relationships caused her to grow up really fast. Now, not only is she a total badass in a fight, but she's a pretty amazing girl all around.

3. Peregrine, Through the Never Sky Series by Veronica Rossi - Perry allowed himself to accept that not everything about someone he was sworn to hate is bad. In doing that, he found love and the possibility for a future. But, first he has to learn how to be a leader and be the savior of all his people. No pressure, right? But, Perry is up for the challenge. He knows he can have it all if he works for it.

4. Han Alister, Seven Realms Series by Cinda Williams Chima -  Han did the near impossible - he improved his station and got the girl of his dreams. A princess, no less. It wasn't always an easy road, but Han never once gave up. He pushed on when everyone told him to give up. Luckily, he's pretty stubborn too.

5. Rose Hathaway, Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead - Rose takes dedication to a new level. Her commitment to keeping her BFF safe leads her to ditch her boarding school for two years. Then, when they're forced to come back, she does all she can to keep her safe and have a life herself too. It's not easy, especially when you're in love with your older (and super hot) fight instructor. But, in the end, Rose's desire to have it all allows her to really have it all.


Adult Urban Fantasy

1. Ethan Sullivan, Chicagoland Vampires Series by Chloe Neill - How can you NOT love this flawed, wonderful man? He cares for the vampires in his charge like a father would. He loves Merit fiercely and wonderfully. Best - yes, BEST - of all, he makes mistakes. Lots of them. It makes him very real. And all that much more desirable.

2. Mercy Thompson, Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs - Mercy has had a hard life. She's the last of her kind. She doesn't have the best relationship with her family. And, she's been alone for a long time. Yet, she made a good life for herself, made friends, and found love. She perseveres. And, you know, she can turn into a coyote at will. Which is pretty damn cool.

3. The Brothers, The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J. R. Ward - Choosing just one brother would be like picking my favorite kid or eating just one M&M. So, I'm picking all of them as a collective group. Wrath, Rhage, Tohrment, Zsadist, Phury, Butch, John Matthew, Quhinn and Blaylock (and before all you die-hard fans call foul on those last three, I know they're not technically Brothers, but they should be and hopefully will be soon!) fight and love so passionately, it's made these books one of my favorite series ever.

4. Gabriel Keene, Chicagoland Vampires Series by Chloe Neill - I know Gabriel is only a side character in the Chicagoland Vampires series, but he certainly has made an impression on me. He is fiercely loyal, the best friend to have. He's also a family man who loves his wife and baby son. How could you not love a shifter like that?

5. Jamie Fraser, Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon - Jamie Fraser had me at "Ay, Lass." He saved Claire from an evil man and then never left her side. He stayed true to her for more than 20 years even when they weren't always together. Now, that is devotion.

8 comments:

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Mmmm I absolutely LOVE Daemon! And Rose is an awesome character too! Great list :)

Here's my Top Ten!

nikki said...

I love Rose! She is such a kick ass character with so much heart. Great list.

Nikki @ Imaginative Adventure

Monica said...

Love your list! I will be looking into some of these I havent read yet. New follower via GFC. My
TTT

Ashley said...

OHHH I LOVE Perry!! I need to read Vampire Academy, my co-blogger loved the series!

OurTTT @The Quiet Concert

Krista said...

Love those bad boys! :) Thanks for checking out my list - off to look at yours!

Krista said...

Thanks! VA is one of my most favorite series! I loved your list too - those future boys are wonderful!

Krista said...

Great list yourself! I love all the strong girls!

And, thanks for the follow!

Krista said...

OMG - VA is one of my most favorite series ever. If you read it, come back and let me know what you think.

And, yes - Perry is so amazing!! :)