December 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Top Ten Books I Read in 2015
(Just 10? Are you kidding me?!)

If anything, this list should demonstrate how eclectic my taste in books can be sometimes. My top 10 books of 2015 include young adult, new adult, adult, fantasy, contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and paranormal romance. The one thing that all these books have in common is that they are all written by authors that were not new to me in 2015. I know who I like, and although I'm always trying new authors and genres, I do tend to keep coming back to those authors that I am confident will deliver a book that I will love. 



Amazing. Incredible. Best. Series. Ender. EVER. I just finished listening to this audiobook a few days ago, and I just can't shake these characters. This series is the best YA series I've ever read, so I think Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Winter and their men will be with me forever. 


Katie McGarry's back with a new series, and this YA MC series rocked my socks! It was exciting and mysterious and romantic. I can't wait to read book two!


This new spin-off series by JR Ward brings the best of two worlds together - you have a story from an original BDB brother, together with a story from a new couple. This is classic JR Ward, which is PNR at its best.


I could've put either Overruled or Sustained on this list - I easily gave them both 5 stars. But, it was Jake Becker that put Sustained on top. This guy - I haven't loved a sweet asshole this much since Drew Evans. It's no surprise that both men came from the mind of Emma Chase.



5. The Great Hunt, by Wendy Higgins
This is the only book on this list that isn't out yet, and I can't wait for you all to read it. Wendy Higgins has outdone herself with this new, sweeping fantasy based on a Grimm fairy tale about a beast terrorizing a kingdom and the race to kill it and marry the princess. It's pretty awesome.


6. Trust the Focus (In Focus #1), by Megan Erickson
Megan Erickson's new adult In Focus series kicked off with Justin and Landry's soul searching and life changing trip across the country. Both books in the series so far have been emotionally charged and so, so good. I can't wait for more.


Although all three books in the Broke and Beautiful series were awesome, I LOVED hot nerd Ben the most. You would never guess it, but that guy could talk dirty like no one's business. His and Honey's relationship was so fun to read about.


8. Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink #4), by Laura Kaye
This series - every single book was incredible. But, Beckett's story was especially impactful. It was the last in the series, so the entire team's efforts to clear their names come to fruition, and Beckett and Kat have their chance at a real relationship. Beckett is one of my favorite guys, all broody and complex. It was just the perfect end to this series.


9. Wasted Lust, by JA Huss
Deciding which JA Huss book to put on this list was hard. So many of her books make my 5-star list. I was down to deciding between Eighteen and Wasted Lust, and it was Sasha's chance at an HEA that she more than deserved that pushed Wasted Lust over the top. Well, that and hot and sexy Jax. That man and how he felt about Sasha was all kinds of awesome.


Eleven books in to the Chicagoland Vampires series, and the magic is still there. Merit and Ethan are settled, but thankfully, Chicago is not. They will always have work to do, and the best part of Dark Debt was that their work involved Morgan Greer for a change. We haven't seen much of him lately, but his presence was front and center in Dark Debt, as was the incredible love that Merit and Ethan have for one another. 

6 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Oh nice! I can't wait to read The Great Hunt! Glad I wasn't the only one who chose a 2016 release to include in their 2015 best reads list! LOL!

Here's my Tuesday Post

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Unknown said...

Haven't read any of these on your list other than Winter by Marissa Meyer and sadly I can't say it made it to my list but Cress did :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I am so glad to see Blood Kiss on this list. I haven't read it yet but I can't wait to!!

Great post!

https://behindonbooks.wordpress.com/2015/12/15/top-ten-books-of-2015/

SweetMarie83 said...

Great list! Trust the Focus is one of my favourite books of the year, too. :-)

~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer
My TTT

Eva @ All Books Considered said...

Great list! I loved Dark Debt, too! So jealous you've already read The Great Hunt!!

my TTT

Kit @ Metaphors and Moonlight said...

Ooh, that Wendy Higgins series sounds interesting! I've recently gotten super into fairy tales and retellings, so I'll have to add it to the TBR :-) Here's my TTT!