December 27, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Top 10 Best Books of 2016

Are you kidding me???? Narrowing it down to only 10 is going to suck. 


Talk about an impossible relationship - The Bachelor Presidential Candidate chose a horrible time to fall in love with a childhood acquaintance. But, that underlying tension made for a fantastic book. I have total faith in Katy Evans - I know Matt and Charlotte will find their HEA. But the rock road to get there has made for an awesome story so far.


2. Sweet Cheeks, by K. Bromberg
Out of all the second-chance romances out there that I've read (and it's one of my favorite tropes, so I've read a lot of them), Sweet Cheeks is my favorite. There was an awesome foodie aspect to it, several interesting settings, a celebrity-regular girl pairing, and the absolute best grand gesture I've ever seen in any book. EVER. 


3. Royally Screwed (Royally #1), by Emma Chase
I love Emma Chase like I love doughnuts (that's A LOT). Everything she writes is perfect, but seriously, nothing that's come before has been more perfect than Nicholas and Olivia's story in Royally Screwed. It was so brilliant. I laughed (of course I did - it' Emma Freaking Chase), I cried, I fanned myself, and I swooned HARD. 


The Winner's Trilogy was one of the few YA fantasy books I read in 2016, but I read all three books back-to-back-to-back. They are all rich and colorful and set in this amazingly-created world. But the characters - Kestrel and Arin especially - captured my heart. 


5. Overexposed (In Focus #4), by Megan Erickson
I HAD to put a Megan Erickson book on this list. In 2016, I've read them ALL. And loved them ALL. I guess there was just something about Levi and Thad and their story that happened on the Appalachian Trail (which runs right behind my house). It was sweet and sexy and full of so much emotion. I loved every second of it.


6. Torn (A Wicked Saga #2), by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Oh. My. Heart. Torn nearly killed me, but in all the best ways. Ren and Ivy went through so much in this book, and I don't think I've ever rooted for another couple's HEA the way I'm rooting for theirs. I'm also in awe of Jennifer Armentout's genius ability to create the vilest villains ever, and the one in this series is the worst of the worst. 


7. Ride Steady (Chaos #3), by Kristen Ashley
I listened to the audiobook version of Ride Steady, and WOW. It was incredible. Not only was the narration spot-on, but the story was captivating and amazing. Joker was the absolute best hero ever. He's this badass biker who loves babies and his woman. I DIED. 


8. Sutphin Boulevard (Five Boroughs #1), by Santino Hassell
Suphin Boulevard was easily the most emotional book I've read in 2016, and truly, one of the best friends-to-lovers books I've EVER read. It was REAL and raw and sexy and sweet. I've reco'd it many times since reading it a few months ago.


9. Bedmates (American Royalty #1), by Nichole Chase
I've been all about the "royal" reads in 2016, and I absolutely loved the American royalty aspect in Bedmates. Not to mention the yummy Jake and his leftover challenge from war and the feisty Maddie - they were PERFECT for each other.


10. Titans, by Victoria Scott
SO unique - Titans were heartfelt and exciting and completely unexpected. I loved the relationships formed in this book. They were complex and emotional and so sweet. This is one I will have my daughter read, and I know she'll love it as much as I did.

6 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Oooh nice! I loved the Winner's Curse trilogy!! Still can't believe I haven't read Torn yet! Eeegads! And I still need to read Titans! I should've gotten to that one early being on the Street Team, but something happened to my copy in the mail! And here I am now the end of 2016 and it's still unread. Sigh...

Here's my Tuesday Post

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads said...

I read and loved The Winner's Curse this year as well! I haven't read the others yet, but I'm reading a bit more romance lately and some of these titles seem suuuper good so I'm definitely adding them to my TBR :)

Greg said...

Torn is like the best cover ever, but I always like those underwater covers lol.

Febie said...

Love these books too!

Jessica from NOVELcravings said...

There are some very attractive men on these covers, perhaps I need to broaden my reading horizons LOL I also read The Winners curse and I enjoyed it but it didnt make my top list this year. I have the second book and I hope to read it soon, I think I will enjoy the story more as it developes.

Unknown said...

Narrowing it down to 10 is very hard, I agree! Nice list, I'll have to check these out. I haven't even heard of most of them. I love looking at everyone lists. Just so many books, too little time!